Shropshire Rural Hub ltd
c/o Business and Enterprise Support Team
The Shropshire Rural Hub is an informal producer-led network of rural businesses which aims to work with partners to stimulate and support innovative and dynamic rural enterprise and achieve a sustainable rural economy for Shropshire.
Shropshire Rural Hub offers:
- An opportunity for communicating business ideas and needs direct to local and regional support agencies.
- Signposting to advice, support projects, other groups and networks, and information that can help development of ideas alone, or in collaboration with others.
- Enabling of collaboration to encourage and support knowledge/information sharing.
- As a result of close links forged with partners, the Hub is able to offer ‘tailor made’ training, advice and support to its members.
- Dissemination of information via monthly newsletter.
- Projects such as ‘Green Futures’ aim to respond to issues/legislation relating to agricultural businesses immediately.
- Recognition of diversity of rural business – not just land-based.
- Build trust and co-operation between rural businesses, communities and organisations with similar objectives
- Develop joint approaches to areas of mutual interest
- Spread best practice between members and develop the skills to adopt them
- Highlight obstacles to development and seek innovative ways to overcome them
- Build links with others to avoid duplication and share knowledge and experiences
- Promote a better awareness of rural issues in the wider community and develop rural-urban understanding
If you would like to know more, please contact us.